Tributes were left on Facebook to a 29-year-old woodworker from London whose body was found in Hackney Marshes on Saturday November 19.
Adam Connolly, who attended Forest School, went missing on Wednesday.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police, said: “Police were appealing for assistance in tracing 29-year-old Adam Connolly who was missing from Hackney.
“On Saturday, 17 November, the body of a man was found on Hackney Marshes, near to Lee Valley Ice Rink.
“Although officers await formal identification, they are satisfied that the deceased is Adam Connolly. Next of kin have been informed.
“A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
“At this early stage, the death is not believed to be suspicious. Inquiries continue by Hackney officers to establish full circumstances.”
More to follow.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North