Six people have been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a Henfield care home early this morning (Monday January 28).
Emergency services were called to Upper Mead care home in Fabians Way just before 3am.
Three residents were escorted from the building by firefighters after a blaze broke out in a first floor light fitting, said a spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.
The first floor was heavily smoke-logged.
Crew left the scene at around 4am.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west