An appeal has been launched against a decision to refuse planning permission for buildings in Millfields Farm, Rusper to continue to be used by businesses.
Buildings 1, 2, 3a, 3b and 4 Millfields Farm are currently home to a number of commercial users and in June Horsham District Council development management committee refused permission for an extension in use in this way by two years.
A similar application, including plans for a riding school, was dismissed on appeal in 2008 and this decision played a part in the committee’s most recent decision.
The reasons given for refusal in June were that the nature and level of activity associated with the existing and future users, together with the extensive areas parking and turning would adversely affect the rural character of the site and its environs together with the amenities of the adjoining occupiers.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North