Commuters in the Horsham district faced various problems this morning as ice and snow hit the country.
Southern Rail said there were some problems this morning on the Arun Valley Line between Horsham and Arundel due to freezing conductor rails in the Pulborough area.
Two trains were affected earlier this morning, the 5.51am Portsmouth Harbour to Victoria and the 6.41am Bognor to Victoria services.
The 5.51am came to a stand near Pulborough at around 7am.
At 8.30am it was able to continue its journey.
The 6.41am came to a stand in the same area at around 7.30am but was on the move shortly afterwards.
De-icing measures have taken place on the affected line and trains are running.
However, the service is being supported by two buses per hour between Horsham and Barnham.
Going north of Horsham, services are affected following a person being hit by a train at Horley.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North