All of Horsham district’s schools recorded GSCE results above the national average in 2012.
Christ’s Hospital had the second highest percentage of pupils attaining five or more GCSEs between A* to C including English and Maths - at 98 per cent - in West Sussex.
The Towers Convent School in Upper Beeding, and Millais, Horsham also made the top ten.
According to statistics released by the Department for Education (DfE) on Thursday, Tanbridge House School saw a 13 per cent leap from 2011, while The Weald School, Billingshurst saw a five per cent rise.
This is the first year that the DfE has ranked GSCE results by including the splits for boys and girls. At Steyning Grammar School 56 per cent of boys attained five or more GSCEs, compared to 67 per cent for girls. Tanbridge meanwhile had 81 per cent for boys and 73 per cent for girls.
For a full report, including comments from headteachers on their school’s performance, see next Thursday’s County Times.
What do you think of the schools performance in the Horsham district? Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North