A Horsham man has died following a motorcycle crash in New Zealand on Wednesday (January 9) afternoon.
Allan Ford, 73, is reported to have collided head-on with a truck carrying propane gas.
Emergency services arrived on State Highway Six in the Nelson region at around 2.30pm.
News publications in the area say that Mr Ford’s Ducati motorbike caught fire on impact.
The truck cab also caught alight but the driver managed to escape and douse the flames with his onboard fire extinguisher before they reached the gas.
A road between Hira and Rai Valley was closed and reopened about 5.30pm.
Mr Ford was on holiday and riding with four other motorcyclists when the accident happened.
No one else was injured in the crash.
If you would like to pay tribute to Mr Ford please contact the County Times news desk on 01403 751267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North