A Horsham district chef will be making his debut in the popular BBC TV series Great British Menu at the end of the month.
Matt Gillan, from award-winning The Pass Restaurant at South Lodge in Lower Beeding, will be one of the contestants on the programme when it starts a new series on Monday January 28 (7.30pm).
Matt, plus two other chefs (another newcomer Adam Simmonds and returning Tom Aikens), will be representing London and the South-East.
The nation’s greatest chefs are competing to cook at a special banquet at the Royal Albert Hall to celebrate 25 years of Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day and celebrate the unsung heroes of charity work.
Not only do they have to deliver a performance on a plate to win, they will also have to put a smile on everyone’s face.
The chefs will also be set fundraising challenges to raise money for Comic Relief.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west