Henfield now faces up to 102 new homes being built on land east on Manor Close, despite a lengthy battle by residents and local organisations.
Appeals inspector Christine Newmarch has allowed an appeal by Welbeck Strategic Land LLP against Horsham District Council, an an appeal by the company for costs will be made in a separate decision.
Horsham District Council had failed to determine the application within the prescibed period.
The inspector commented in her decision that: ‘A more recent snapshot of housing land availability, arising from a Freedom of Information request, was submitted at the Inquiry by a local objector,’ though the council had suggested this contained some inaccuracies.
Since the council did not provide a witness at the appeal who could be questioned, she gave it little weight.
For full story and reaction see the County Times South Downs edition next week, Thursday October 4.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North