DCSIMG

Henfield residents vow to fight development

JPCT 170513 Alison Vine and Tony Jackson 'Hands off Henfield' group counting traffic to stop more housing developments. Photo by Derek Martin

JPCT 170513 Alison Vine and Tony Jackson 'Hands off Henfield' group counting traffic to stop more housing developments. Photo by Derek Martin

A plan to build 160-homes in Henfield will be investigated by the planning inspector in a public inquiry after it was reject by the council last year.

Barratt Homes’ application would have seen 160 homes built off West End Lane, but in August 2013 the council’s Development Control South Committee rejected it on the grounds of over development in a rural area.

Action group Hands off Henfield (HOH), formed by village residents, will be attending the inquiry to speak.

In a HOH news letter a spokesperson for the group said: “HoH has secured the right to speak at the Barratts Inquiry. We are liaising with other residents who are directly affected and will give testimony.

“HoH now have an additional team working hard to ensure that we have left no stone unturned in helping Horsham District Council fight the appeal. As such HoH members have reanalysed the current government guide to the planning inquiry process.”

The group has commissioned consultants to advise on transport issues in the village and develop digitised images of the development to assess the scale of the impact of the homes on the surrounding area.

In the August planning meeting, District Council Chairman Philip Circus asked if the council stood a fair chance if the plan went to the planning inspector. A Planning Officer said that given the numerous objections from internal consultants they would have a good chance of defending it.

HoH are requesting that those who have pledged money to the cause, send it as soon as possible so legal advice can be sought. For details call Mathew Chart 07963 159507.

The public inquiry will be held on March 25 for four days.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page