A man who died at his flat in Horsham this year had taken his own life, a coroner has ruled.
Russell Judd, 39, was found dead at his Laurel Walk home on July 18 this year.
At an inquest in Horsham last week, Mr Judd was described as a considerate and caring man, who adored animals. He had worked in retail, maintenance, and care work before becoming a qualified electrician.
However, he was left unable to work and only able to walk short distances after he snapped an Achilles tendon.
Mr Judd was declared bankrupt and was diagnosed with depression. He was prescribed medication, but this seemed to cause him to experience highs and lows.
On July 16, when family members last saw him, he seemed to be feeling more positive. He had never mentioned having any suicidal thoughts.
On July 18, a workman working in his block of flats discovered a note from him and called the emergency services, who found him hanging in his flat.
West Sussex assistant deputy coroner Michael Kendall said two notes were found: “I’ve read them and, sadly, they are quite clear,” he said. “One is for those who might find him, and the other is to the famiy.”
He concluded: “Regrettably, I think the contents of the note are very clear.” He recorded a finding of suicide.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west