West Sussex County Council’s £30m Better Roads Programme is already delivering results just weeks after starting.
The two-year programme, to repair rural and residential roads damaged by extreme weather over the past few years, has been up and running since mid-April.
Up to May 31 2014:
• 116,984 square metres of road surface has been repaired – almost the size of 14 Wembley Stadium football pitches;
• 13,001 tonnes of new road surface has been laid so far – equivalent to the weight of 5,020 Rolls Royce Phantoms;
• 99 sites around West Sussex have been resurfaced or repaired, with 11 of these treated with surface dressing; and
• 22.22 miles of road length has been improved.
Residents will see more activities on their roads in the coming months because of the Better Roads Programme and there will be more road closures than normal.
To find out if your road is due to be repaired, visit www.westsussexhighways.org/betterroads and type the name of your road or town into the search bar.
Announcements about the Better Roads Programme are made each week via Twitter: @WSHighways #wsbetterroads.
They are also available on Facebook: Search ‘West Sussex Matters’ and click ‘like’.
All dates are subject to change due to weather conditions and to allow contractor Balfour Beatty the flexibility to respond to any unforeseen circumstances.
For the most up-to-date information, check the yellow notice boards located in streets where work is due to take place.
This will tell you the exact date work is due to start.
The following sites in the Horsham district have been repaired or resurfaced under the Better Roads Programme so far:
• Blackbridge Lane, Horsham – resurfacing;
• Comptons Lane, Horsham – repairs;
• Comptons Lane mini-roundabout, Horsham – resurfacing;
• Lambs Farm Road, Horsham – resurfacing;
• Old Millmeads, Horsham – repairs;
• Old Millmeads, Horsham – surface dressing;
• St Christophers Close, Horsham – resurfacing;
• Hornshill Lane, Rudgwick – resurfacing;
• Friday Street, Rusper – repairs;
• Wimlands Road, Rusper – repairs;
• Lyons Road, Slinfold – repairs;
• Bonfire Hill, Southwater – repairs;
• Station Road, Warnham – repairs.
• Water Lane/Hole Street, Ashington – repairs; and
• Rivermead, Pulborough – resurfacing.