Generous Sussex residents have given more than £28,000 to the county’s Surviving Winter campaign.
The fund supports people who are having trouble meeting their fuel bills.
Cash from the Department of Health’s Warm Homes Healthy People Fund has provided another £20,700 for West Sussex as well as a £10,000 fund to provide small grants to West Sussex community groups that support older people to keep warm, eat healthily and stay active.
Applications for grants of up to £1,000 will be awarded in January. For information, contact Mary Carruthers on (01273) 409440.
To find out if you are eligible for a Surviving Winter grant, contact Age UK Horsham on (01403) 260 560.
You can donate at www.localgiving.com/sussexcf or by cheque to: Surviving Winter, Sussex Community Foundation, Falcon Wharf, Railway Lane, Lewes BN7 2AQ.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North