A new build house in Broadbridge Heath has been damaged after a fire broke out in a bedroom yesterday (Monday August 11).
The first floor bedroom blaze at the home in Churchill Way was caused by a sander, West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said.
Firefighters were called just after 7pm.
Twenty per cent of the first floor was damaged by heat and smoke while five per cent of the bedroom was damaged by fire.
Fire crews used two breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan while extinguishing the flames.
The fire was ruled accidental.