House and garage left ‘severely’ damaged after fire

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

A house and a garage were left ‘severely’ damaged after a fire in West Chiltington yesterday (October 20).

Firefighters were called to Nyetimber Lane at around 11.30am after a tumble dryer caught fire in the garage of a property.

A fire service spokesman said the garage was 100 per cent damaged by smoke and heat and the adjacent house was severely damaged by smoke.

Crews from Billingshurst, Storrington and Worthing extinguished the blaze using two breathing apparatus and two hose reels.

A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to remove smoke from the building.

The spokesperson added the fire is being treated as an accidental ignition.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.wscountytimes.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wscountytimes

3) Follow us on Twitter @wscountytimes

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The County Times - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.