Horsham couldn’t hold on to a lead as they suffered their fourth league loss of the season, going down 2-1 at Herne Bay.
The visiting Hornets were impressive in a goalless first half, and five minutes after the break they went ahead when new signing Evan Archibald came off the bench to set up Ryan Marriott for the opening goal.
The lead lasted only five minutes though as Rhys Lawson made it 1-1 and the turnaround was completed when Dean Grant found a winner for Herne Bay, who move up to second in the Ryman South.
For Horsham the result ended a three-match winning run and means they are still without a win on their travels in the league for more than a year.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west