Horsham house severely damaged in fire

Emergency services attend a house fire in Heath Way, Horsham

Emergency services attend a house fire in Heath Way, Horsham

0
Have your say

Firefighters remained at the scene of a house fire in Horsham yesterday (Sunday October 27) after battling a blaze there on Saturday night.

No one is believed to have been at the home in Heath Way when emergency services were called at about 11.15pm on Saturday (October 26).

A spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “Ninety per cent of the roof and 50 per cent of the first floor were damaged by the fire.”

There are no reports of any injuries.

Units from Horsham and Crawley spent all night at the scene of the fire, and one unit from Horsham has remained at the house today.

The fire was caused by an electrical fault in the roof and is not being treated as suspicious.

For the full report, see this week’s (Thursday October 31) County Times.