Firefighters tackle Southwater house fire

editorial image

Firefighters in breathing gear have put out a house fire in Southwater.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called to Timber Mill at 7.48pm on Saturday (May 22).

The terrace house was smoke damaged by the fire which was reported to have been caused by candles, said a spokesman.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be among the first to know what’s going on.

1 Make our website your homepage at www.wscountytimes.co.uk

2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wscountytimes

3 Follow us on Twitter @wscountytimes

4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!

The County Times – always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.