Firefighters attended three chimney fires across the Horsham district over the weekend.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (WSFRS) were in attendance at houses in Townfield, Kirdford and Hayes Lane, Slinfold on Saturday evening (November 9).
They put out one more chimney fire in Two Mile Ash Road, Southwater on Sunday evening.
A spokesperson for WSFRS said: “Ensure your chimney flue is inspected at regular intervals to prevent fire breaking out of the chimney.
“Fireguards can prevent serious injury or even death, and sparkguards can prevent a serious property fire.”