Fire breaks out in Horsham flats

Fire incident

Fire incident

0
Have your say

Emergency services were called to a fire at a block of flats in Horsham this evening (Friday June 12), caused by cooking left unattended.

The fire broke out in Marlborough Close at around 7.10pm.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called to a reported smell of burning and an alarm sounding.

A spokesperson for the fire service said the fire originated on a hob in the kitchen.

It was extinguished using two breathing apparatus and a hose reel.

No one was injured and the fire was ruled accidental.