A child has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a block of flats.
Firefighters were called to the building in High Bank, Haywards Heath, at around 5pm this afternoon (Thursday February 25).
The blaze broke out in a first floor flat in the three story building.
A spokesman for the fire service said crews rescued a child from the property.
They added the child suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by ambulance. No serious injuries were reported.
The fire is believed to have been caused by unattended cooking. It has now been extinguished.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MidSussexTimes
3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.