North Horsham County Local Committee (CLC) has awarded more than £11,000 of funding to local organisations, for ventures including lifesaving courses.
The Committee shared the remainder of its Community Initiative Fund (CIF) for the current financial year between eight projects.
Grants were agreed for:
• Colgate Primary School - £1,700 towards works as part of the school development plan;
• North Horsham Life Saving Club – £824 towards lifesaving courses and exams;
• Billingshurst Community Partnership Ltd – £1,200 towards a Community Action Plan;
• Shipley Parish Council - £934.50 towards Shipley Parish Design Statement;
• Rudgwick Parish Council - £1,861.32 towards improvements to the Sussex Path at Rudgwick;
• Barns Green Youth Club - £475 towards a new projector;
• Southwater Local History Group – £500 towards an exhibition and book launch; and
• Horsham Matters - £3,600 towards youth work, laptops and training.
Chairman Brad Watson OBE said: “Over the past 12 months, we have been able to help a wide range of local projects across the North Horsham area through Community Initiative Funding.
“The new round of CIF begins next month and I would encourage local organisations to consider applying now.”
The next North Horsham CLC meeting will be held at 7pm on Monday, June 24 in the Main Conference Room, County Hall North, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1XA.
For more information on Community Initiative Funding and how to apply, visit the County Local Committee webpages at www.westsussex.gov.uk