To mark Gas Safety Week, a Horsham gas safe registered engineer is sharing his safety tips.
Last year in the UK 18 people died from gas related accidents, with 399 hospitalised.
Gas Safety Register, the official list of registered gas safe engineers, has repeated last year’s Gas Safety Week.
Eric Murray, of Horsham Gas Services, urged people to book annual safety checks on gas appliances, to use gas safety registered engineers, fit carbon monoxide alarms, while also knowing the warning signs when when gas appliances are not working properly.
Paul Johnston, chief executive at Gas Safe Register, said: “Every year, far too many people suffer from preventable gas related accidents, such as gas leaks, explosions, fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.”