Binding firm Unibind hopes for dynamic growth

Tsol Keoshgerian, MD of Unibind UK
Tsol Keoshgerian, MD of Unibind UK

The managing director of a Horsham-based binding manufacturer that employs around 50 people hopes taking full control will lead to a new era for the company.

Tsol Keoshgerian purchased 100 per cent of Unibind Systems, based in Graylands Business Park in Langhurstwood Road, which is a global leader in the production of binding equipment, photobooks and presentation products.

Mr Keoshgerian, managing director since November 2007 with 49 per cent shareholding, purchased the remaining 51 per cent of the company from Belgian firm Peleman Industries.

He said the move paved the way for an exciting period of growth for Unibind with a new suite of cutting-edge products including a software package allowing schools to design their own yearbooks.

Mr Keoshgerian said: “This successful share purchase is a major milestone in the history of Unibind and signals the beginning of an exciting new era for all our staff and customers.

“As well as launching several pioneering new products, we will also be centralising our operation at our base in Horsham to deliver improved manufacturing efficiencies and greater flexibility with our customer base. I look forward to growing the company in years to come.”

Over recent years the company has restructured and has forged a close working partnership with Horsham-based The Printed Word, in which it has a 25 per cent shareholding, specialising in automated short run book making and digital finishing.

Mr Keoshgerian has been at Unibind since November 1990 and has been a director and shareholder since 1994. During this period Unibind’s turnover has grown to £8m. 

While maintaining its core business in binding, Unibind is evolving its offer into the creative marketing sector thanks to the employment of specialist marketing, creative and web development teams.

For more information visit www.unibinduk.com