This site is fairly remote, in a small patch of light woodland in Horsham district.
A rusty discoloured line runs up a nearby tree trunk, providing a hint as to this structure’s purpose.
The main visible feature is a large buried chamber, which has collapsed under the weight of the earth above.
An exit, connected to the main chamber by a section of sewer pipe, is readily visible from the nearest footpath.
Don’t know what it is? Don’t worry - the people who built it didn’t know either.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west