On October 1, 1973 Chancellor Denis Healey promised to tax the rich until the pips squeak!
It would seem that George Osborne intends to do the same to the working class and squeeze the life out of the retail sector.
You do not need a degree in maths, economics or any sort of qualifications in retail to see that if more money is not made available to low and middle income families then this will have far longer lasting consequences beyond Christmas 2012 and New Year 2013.
K. G. BALDWIN
Robert Way, Horsham
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North