I have to congratulate Liz Kitchen (Con, Colgate and Rusper) on her quotation printed in the County Times on her totally insensitive comment regarding a part of Sussex that is miles away from where she lives.
Why on earth are we lucky to be expecting ONLY 140 houses?
Why should we actually be subjected to any?
Certainly the Abingworth site is a mess, but how has the company that owned it been allowed to leave it in such a state?
And now the powers-that-be have decided to award Monaghans £3.75m so that they can invest money in their business, has the council added clauses to the effect that Monaghans have to maintain a business in Thakeham for a period of time in thanks for their reward? What happens when the mushroom business fails? Oh yes, we have another large site that will be ready for development.
The winners, Monaghans, the losers Thakeham, the baddies Horsham District Council.
Storrington Road, Thakeham
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west