I returned recently from a holiday overseas. Usually it is a pleasure to come home but on this occasion, not so.
As I drove to my house in St Leonards Road I was confronted by a huge puddle across the road, the usual amount of litter and dessicated leaves strewn everywhere in the road and on the pavement.
Who said that Horsham is a desirable place to live? Living in St Leonards Road is like living in the Third World. The water in the road has been a regular feature for the past 20 years.
We could certainly learn a lot from some other countries about looking after our local environment. I will be walking into Horsham on a Saturday to visit the shops. I am sure that as usual I will be dodging the slippery leaves on the pavement, the copious litter, the dog filth and the cyclists on the pavement.
Some of us don’t seem to care - especially the local council.
St Leonards Road, Horsham
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west