Will 2013 be the year that development will start in earnest to bring much wanted new homes to Abingworth at Thakeham? More residents voted for the new homes than those opposing the development and Thakeham deserves more than being a rush hour rat run.
What rational person would want to keep this large concreted site which is full of decaying, delapidated and dank mushroom sheds, rotting outbuildings, in danger of collapsing in blustery weather, and areas where dumping has been going on for years.
Thakeham will still have its green fields with the bonus of a cricket pitch, pond, seating and new footpaths. A new and larger village hall, much needed for social clubs and activities, more facilities for the playschool and a general store.
New infrastructure will be created to support the new homes. More jobs available for the expanding mushroom site, which could also offer facilities for a farmers market or farm shop.
This would be a positive outcome for residents of Thakeham.
Furze Common Road, Thakeham
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North